Monday 4 June 2012

Continuing the Wondering




Today we had our Grade 5 Legacies Expo 2012 in the theatre with lots of classes coming to see and hear and ask questions.  Students showed individual and group inquiries, making use of multimedia.  



This is the completion of the last of the inquiry projects of this school year. 


Except, completion is the wrong word.... 

I do not want my students to feel that they have completed their learning in this unit. 

I want them to continue to think about the legacies from past peoples and cultures from all over the world. 

I want them to continue to wonder about the origins of the everyday things around them as well as the special things. 

I want them to continue to be interested in historical artifacts, ideas, stories, religions, philosophies, the arts.


Making bronze

Some students discovered a fascination for history that surprised them.

I hope that they will continue to hold this fascination all their days.




Photos are all mine.







No comments:

Post a Comment