Wednesday 22 August 2012

What happens inside your head?

In the first few days of our learning to learn unit, we wanted to have students start to think about what they already knew. With just a short introduction we asked students to draw what they thought went on inside their heads when they were thinking, and add labels and notes where they wanted - whatever way they could best explain.







What a great Happy Place!


Listening to the discussions going on was every bit as important as seeing the many visual ways students showed their thoughts. 

Finding how few students had any real idea was eyeopening.


Overheard:
"This is my happy section. I'm putting musical notes."
"It does memories."
"Imagination!"
"I have so much storage space."
"I need to show emotions, feelings."
"This is the control centre."
"My thinking section has different stages."
"I basically just did the main three things, movement, emotion and thoughts!"

Photos are my own.



2 comments:

  1. I love these! I really like the funny center and I am sure that I also have a music center where all the lyrics to all the songs that I know are stored. It's pretty packed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes I love the way kids show what they think goes on inside the head!

    ReplyDelete